Monday, June 01, 2009

Food and Fun Filled Weekend

This past weekend was great, really great. Crazy busy, though, which always makes me feel like I need a weekend after my weekend. But I'm dealing.

Friday night Casey called me to say that his post-gov-school-geek-party-throw-down had been canceled and so he was free to give me a lesson on finishing my two pottery pieces. Not going to lie, I was a little bit thrilled about the shin-dig fall through. Jeanne fed me (again) and it was an amazing dinner. One day, when I have my own place, I'm going to invite the Harless family over and feed them in return. (Actually, I thought of something the other day. If I end up moving back to NC, and Charlie goes to school down there, then when they come to visit him they can visit me too!!) Isabella was over spending the night with Layla so we hung out for a little bit before Casey and I went to work downstairs. Jeanne and I are convinced that there is some kind of a time warp in her basement, because again, it felt like maybe an hour, and again, it was about three.

I successfully carved out a foot on my bowl and a shadow line on my mug. Casey had to apply the handle though because by that point I was a little bit tired and goofy and Layla and Isabella had come downstairs and were distracting me. Overall I'm super proud of my work. I think Dad is going to build me my own wheel once I find some plans for him unless I find a cheap used one on Ebay. After we finished we went upstairs to see Jeanne's progress on the tie-dye shirts (she was applying the screen print patches that say "Red Valley UMC") and had a slice of her key lime pie. SO GOOD. Hopefully the youth will make enough money out of this batch of shirts to pay for all of our summer activities.

Saturday we had the choir's year end picnic at my house so I got up early and spent the day getting ready and getting the house ready for that. It turned out to be a great time! Not everyone could make it, which was unfortunate, but also unavoidable this time of year. We had loads of good food (we provided the hot dogs and hamburgers and everyone else was in charge of bringing a dessert or side). I also made the Mojito Mint Torte from the current Season's Best Cookbook. Beth brought a chocolate trifle that she makes with Kahlua and bailey's so we all joked about how our picnic was probably less than "church appropriate."

Sunday was the choir's last day to sing in church and also Pentecost Sunday as well as Graduate Sunday, so a big day all around! I didn't have time to stay for the luncheon after church though, because I had to scoot to Lou's Pampered Chef party. She had a big crowd, about 16 people with a couple outside orders, so it will make for a really great show for her. I'm excited because she's using her show credits to purchase things for her daughter, Samantha's apartment next fall. Samantha will be a sophomore at Radford in the fall. We fixed the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco from the current Season's Best and the Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cup Torte from last season's.

When I got back to the house I was so tired from all of my weekend activities that I crashed in one of the living room chairs for about an hour. Then Mom and I took Hank over to let Max out for a little bit. They're funny because Max is really shy and kind of intimidated by Hank (a total first for Hank, I assure you) and so they really just ignore one another.

I completely forgot about the MTV Movie awards, which I'm kind of bummed about. Which is another excuse for me to get a DVR. I'm so new to this living outside of the rock game and I'm really not good at it at all. So I don't know what happened. I have to wait until I get home tonight to watch the Harry Potter and New Moon previews. Oh well, life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment